Week 35: EVIDENCE UNSEEN


A few weeks ago, I was driving home from the store with my two youngest children in the back seat.  I overheard their conversation:

Avery (holding a box of Lucky Charms, speaking tenderly to the unicorn on the cover): I know you’re not real, but…
Caden (matter-of-factly): Unicorns are real.
Avery: No they’re not!
Caden: They’re in the Bible.
Avery (in wonder): Then they ARE real!!!
Caden: And Bibleman says they’re dangerous.
Avery: No they’re not!!! … Daddy, are unicorns dangerous?

I was on my way to work one morning, and I thought of this story.  I realized that our kids are sponges, and I asked, “What are they filling up with?  What am I placing before them?  I realized my role as their father is to enlarge their hearts for more connection with the Lord!  And at the same time, a sadness came to the surface for not investing more in them amidst the busyness of life.

But I also remembered Nicole’s call to pray for our kids and the faithfulness of God to answer those prayers (see Week 31).  And I was reminded of the prayers I’ve been praying over Caden, my youngest son: that he would be a knight for the King!  The previous two nights, we read two different tales of chivalry and the beauty of a knight’s pure heart before the Lord.  He told me the ‘knight books’ are his favorite! 

I am convinced the Lord orchestrates so much more of our lives than what our eyes can see!

“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” Hebrews 11:1



Comments

Popular Posts