Week 31: STEADFASTNESS


“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy . . . being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:3-4,6

I (Nicole) was reminded recently of the prayers I wrote for my children two years ago.  I had written them down in red ink on notebook paper, cut them out, and posted them on a bulletin board in our laundry room.  I was inspired by the movie War Room (if you haven’t seen it, make it a priority ... it changed my perspective).  For one child, I was praying for salvation.  Another child I was praying for them to become a friend to the friendless.  Still another to become bold with their faith and to stand against the culture.  One child, who had been struggling academically, I prayed for expansion in his capacity to learn.  Each prayer spoke of thankfulness for how He uniquely created them, but also called into existence the beauty that I knew was hidden beneath struggles.  As I was reflecting on the prayers that I had made two years ago, I saw something that moved me.  Most of the intricacies I had been praying for had been answered.  My heart was moved by the Father’s faithfulness to not only hear my request, but to bring the work to completion.  Some of my prayers have not been answered yet, but I see hints of His hand at work.  This I stand on: “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it!”

I feel led to do the same contending for Camp Refuge and I want to include you in my stance.  Here is my heart:

Lord,
You are birthing something beautiful in Camp Refuge.  I thank you for your faithfulness to provide for our needs.  You have never failed us or abandoned us.  You have never been late.  Thank you for directing our vision and aligning our hearts with yours.  Thank you for surrounding us with those who believe and those who hold our arms up when we feel weak.  I ask you, Lord, to give us boldness and fearlessness when we need to walk on water and also patient endurance when we need to wait, with the water up to our knees, for the water to divide so we can cross on dry land.  I ask you to direct and steer Camp Refuge’s vision.  For our hearts to remain soft and our ears tuned in to the Holy Spirit.  I pray for Your presence to be ever with us.  Most of all, I pray for changed lives and stronger relationships with those you entrust to Camp Refuge’s care.  Send us the broken.  Send us those who think they can’t go on.  I ask for hope to be restored where there seems to be no reason to keep hoping.  Send them the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, who can restore what has been lost.  We ask for the keys to changed lives.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.



Comments

Popular Posts