Week 51: WALLS




These are the lyrics playing in my head this morning (Elevation Worship’s Do It Again):

“Walking around these walls
I thought by now they'd fall
But You have never failed me yet
Waiting for change to come
Knowing the battle's won
For You have never failed me yet”

Has it really been a year since Camp Refuge officially launched to the public? In some ways it feels like only yesterday that we began this journey, BUT in reality we have been marching around “these walls” for a year. I try squinting through my glass dimly (1 Cor 13:12) and through my human perspective I begin to wonder why “the walls” haven’t fallen yet. Which is laughable, because they have fallen ... just not how I thought they would. 

This year we launched our very first marriage retreat. The excitement from that weekend still catches our breath.  The Holy Spirit MOVED on lives and we felt “the walls” quake.  These tremors have not only impacted the lives of the couples who attended, but ours as well. The walls are indeed crumbling and with each step of faith, more and more walls fall. We do KNOW “the battle’s won for You have never failed me yet.”  We are giddy with excitement each time we look in anticipation at what He is going to do at the next retreat. We believe in changed lives! Catch the fire with us!  Pray for the Lord to send us the hurting and broken relationships. Pray for completion of His plans. Pray for the couples who feel hopeless. Command those walls to fall in Jesus’ name! I can feel His authority rising up:

“Chains fall
Fear bow
Here, now
Jesus, you change everything
Lives healed
Hope found
Here, now
Jesus, you change everything”

Thank you for joining us in Taking the Promised Land! 


Love, 
Kevin and Nicole

SAVE THE DATE:
March 29-31, 2019 
Rustic Romance: A Husband/Wife Weekend Retreat. Registration is now open. 5 spots remain. 

May 25, 2019
Refuge Run 5K - Fundraiser


Song References:

Comments

Popular Posts