Week 49: CREATIVE POWER


“All things were made through him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.” John 1:3

As I pondered these words about Jesus at the creation of the world, I heard him say, “I am the living conduit for my Father’s creative power.”

Woah. To me this means so much. I wonder in awe at the beauty of creation. I love the outdoors and can’t think of a better getaway than a waterfall trail with my bride or a rugged mountain expedition with my son.  Creation cries out the beauty of the Creator!

But that’s not only true of the mountains and the sky, but of you and me.  On the sixth day of creation, God created man and woman.  Jesus was there too. And all that creative power of our father flowed through Jesus making a lump of clay and a rib into complex and beautiful living beings.

I am in awe. This was not a one-time deal either. He didn’t stop being a conduit for the Fathers creative power after the 7 days of creation; Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!  Creative miracles transform us. They draw us deeper into relationship with the living God who created us. You see, he never stops pursuing. Maybe today is the day you will see him do wonders. And in the end, may we together stand in awe of Jesus!

Comments

Popular Posts