Week 39: STAND


“So stand firm and hold your ground…” Ephesians 6:14

It’s so good to know when Daddy speaks.
It’s so hard to be tested when what you see around you doesn’t line up with the word He spoke to you.

How often must we contend for the things He has promised us?  Wouldn’t it be easier to just not hope for things that don’t seem to happen? 

I’ve been there.  We all have.  In fact, I’m towing that line right now.  Can I tell you about it?

I have a journal full of the promises God has spoken over Nicole and I and this precious infant called Camp Refuge.  We have heard revelatory word after dream after confirmation that He’s with us on it.  That He has given us this vision of seeing relationships reconciled, strengthened, and established.  And despite having all the prophetic words written down, there are days I don't feel strong and courageous enough. 

We have a small core team that meets weekly to pray over this upcoming first retreat.  We pour our hearts out before the King, asking Him to come and have His way.  To take residence on the land before the first guests arrive and to greet them with His presence from the moment they drive up.  Every detail from accommodations to meals to activities, teaching, and worship have been bathed in prayer. 

But if and when I get my gaze off of Him and onto the waves like Peter (Matthew 14:25-31), I begin to sink, to be overwhelmed, and to question if we can really do it.  BUT one whisper from Him to my heart, and I’m again walking on water toward Him!

I don’t think He is surprised by our humanity.  But I do feel called to STAND on his promises!  What has He promised you? 

Special focus:  Would you STAND with us in prayer?   
“Lord, we agree with your purposes that every couple You have selected to be at our first retreat be here, and that no weapon formed against them or their families would prosper.  In Jesus’ name, Amen!”



Comments

Popular Posts