Week 36: THE HARD DAYS


Can God speak in the midst of the trials? The hard times? The storm?

I have no doubt He does.  I was going through my journal entries from last year this weekend and this one hit home.  I hope it encourages you. 

Such a hard morning!  Holding my beautiful daughter down as Doc stitched her cut in her left eyebrow.  Then You told me, on the road leaving the hospital, “That’s how I am towards you.” 

I saw her screaming on the table in pain and I heard her scream, “I just want it to be done!!!!”  “I don’t like it.”  “It hurts!” 

Oh God!  How often do you hold me down through the pain you allow in my life to make me “all better”?  “I want my daddy!!!” Avery would cry out.  I was holding her hands, singing softly ‘Jesus Loves Me!’ and reassuring her it would be ok.  Just the sight of the needle was enough to send her screaming.  And she couldn’t see me or Cole.  We were both right there the whole time, but a sheet covered her eyes, with just a hole big enough to sew her eyebrow up.  Keep letting me know it’s going to be ok, Lord, when I walk through pain!  Don’t stop singing over me, reminding me you love me and are holding me through it all.  I LOVE YOU JESUS!!

What storm are you going through? Is it a hard day, or a hard season?  God is well able to speak to you and hold you right where you are.  Turn your gaze to Him who created you, who lavishly loves you, and has a good plan for your lives!

SPECIAL FOCUS:  Would you join with us in praying for God to send the hurting to Camp Refuge for an encounter with the loving Creator?



Comments

Popular Posts