Week 30: UNTIL IT IS FINISHED


“After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the scripture), ‘I Thirst.’”  John 19:28

When I read this in my quiet time, something struck me.  It was like the Lord was telling me, “Abide in prayer – contend – until you know it is finished.’  You see, Christ had a mission from the Father.  And at this point he knew it was finished.  How?  Abiding. Waiting in prayer until he knew it was complete. Not necessarily able to see in the natural a completion (for truly He had not yet died) but he knew he had completed the work he was given to do.

How can I be about a mission that strongly?
No, why can I not last in prayer more than a couple of minutes before distracting thoughts of to-dos, the events of the day, or project ideas start cropping up?! 

 “It is not enough to begin to pray, nor to pray aright; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray; but we must patiently, believingly, continue in prayer until we obtain an answer; and further we have not only to continue in prayer unto the end, but we have also to believe that God does hear us, and will answer our prayers. Most frequently we fail in not continuing in prayer until the blessing is obtained, and in not expecting the blessing.”  — George Müller


I left my quiet time that morning asking the Lord what he wanted me to contend for that day.  After I listed many things with ministry and purpose, I wrote down family members.  One of my children has the deepest desire to hear God’s voice.  That’s the one that I sensed he directed me to – so that’s what I am abiding for in prayer until I know it is finished! 


Special Focus:  If the Lord has prompted you to pray for Camp Refuge, would you direct it towards our mission of reconciling, strengthening, and establishing relationships between Creator/created, parent/teen, husband/wife and peer/peer in the Lafayette community?  We want to be about Daddy’ business and don’t want to stop abiding in prayer until it is finished! 




Comments

Popular Posts