Week 25: REMEMBER WHAT HE SAID


Oh, how I long for the mountains!  But I wasn’t created to live there.  Last week, my son and I returned from a ‘mountain top’ experience and reentered the valley of daily life.  When you’re on a high, it’s easy to feel you’re closer to God.  But I find that relationship gets tested in the valley.

I was overjoyed to be home, hug the necks of my wife and children, but something was gnawing at me.  Until my quiet time Tuesday.  We’re reading through the book of John, Caleb and I, and I got to John 2:22:

“After he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered he had said this, and they believed both the Scriptures and what Jesus had said.”


I journaled a prayer to the Lord that I wanted to remember what He said.  And I heard Him assure me, “You will observe/ remember, and believe.”  I went about my day at work, and coming home for nighttime routine, I noticed something had shifted.  I had recounted the stories from my time at the ranch to others – there was something about REMEMBERING what He said.  I was no longer on the mountain, but I remember the promises he made to me during our time there.

That evening, my mom sent me a text.  She often sends out inspiring videos or messages.  But this one was just to me.  Steven Curtis Chapman’s song ‘Remember to Remember.’  Listen to the words if you’d like, it blew me away:


Special focus:  May we remember all He said.  The promises spoken.  Our identity in Him.  Lord, we pray that we remember the words you’ve spoken, and believe!


Comments

Popular Posts