Week 23: REFLECTION

“A life not evaluated is a life not worth living.” ~Socrates

Have you ever been stuck?  For me, I might not be quick to admit it, but deep down I know when something’s not working. I can know where I’m going, have a plan to get there, and even be making some headway. But if I’m honest, sometimes it’s not working anymore.  My DNA tells me to just keep doing what I’m doing. You’ll make it to the other side... eventually. But what if that’s not God’s heart?  

What if his intention is actually for me to pause 
...............................................................................................

I’m writing to you this week from the mountains of Northern California, taking stock of my relationship with God, my 13 year old son that I came with, and my wife and 4 kids back at home. I’m tired of doing things the same way, expecting a better result. I’m getting desperate for God to show me a new way. 

How does this look?  For me, I’m getting quiet. And I’m asking. I don’t think I stop long enough to hear the answer normally. “The show must go on,” and all of that. But not this time.  Instead of pushing forward without evaluating, I’m waiting - expecting an answer. And I’m not moving on until He meets with me!   

You see, I have access to the greatest source of wisdom, inspiration, encouragement, advice, inside-scoop, emotional support, virtue, humility, and goodness.  And you do too. 


Special focus:  may we pause and ask our Creator for fresh eyes to see like He does wherever we feel ‘stuck,’ and commit to waiting long enough to hear the answer! Then may God bless us as we implement the plan from heaven ;)



Comments

Popular Posts