Week 4: PROMISES

This weekend I was reminded of something. In our first year of marriage, Nicole and I were in a terrible car accident. I mean hit-twice, spinning-around, end-up-in-the-ditch, cut-out-with-the-jaws-of-life terrible.  “What the enemy meant for harm…” I heard the Lord whisper to me.  I knew in my spirit what he was saying:  My promises weren’t yet fulfilled.  I delivered you from the attack of disaster for these purposes.

Camp Refuge was God’s idea in the first place. 

“I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please.’”
Isaiah 46:10

Though it’s all so much bigger than me or my bride, we did knock on doors last week.  And one opened in an incredible way.  Only God knows all He’s up to, but suffice it to say for now that we were in awe.  Quietly groundbreaking; pregnant with promise.

Special focus:  Pray this week for all his promises to come to pass as they did for Israel in the days of Joshua taking the promised land.

“Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.” Joshua 21:45


Comments

Popular Posts