Week 11: 'BE IT ESTABLISHED'

Before I worked on logistics for the race this past Thursday morning, I felt prompted to do a prayer walk.  This is not completely foreign to me, so I postponed my to do list for a few moments and took a walk.  I was claiming the promises He has for the Camp and proclaiming His divine will to be done in His perfect timing.  I felt to ‘linger here’ at one point, so I rested and opened up my heart to hear from my Father.  And in the waiting, I clearly heard: “Be it established.”  It has that resonance in it, when you know it’s from heaven.  But I couldn’t put my finger on a scripture off hand.  So I pulled out my bible app and searched for what more He might be saying.  Y’all, when I landed on 1 Chronicles 17:23-27, my heart cried out:

“And now, O Lord, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, let it be established forever, and do as You have said. So let it be established, that Your name may be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, is Israel’s God.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. For You, O my God, have revealed to Your servant that You will build him a house. Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray before You. And now, Lord, You are God, and have promised this goodness to Your servant. Now You have been pleased to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You have blessed it, O Lord, and it shall be blessed forever.”

I wept, knowing that the Lord has indeed said that he was with us on this vision.  To go for it and not waver.  To see a place of refuge in this city for the hurting to come in and be loved and leave changed.  For relationships to be reconciled, strengthened, and established!

Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defines establish:

: to institute (something, such as a law) permanently by enactment or agreement 
: to make firm or stable
: to bring into existence : found
: to put on a firm basis : set up
: to make (a church) a national or state institution
: to put beyond doubt : prove

Yes, Lord!!! BE IT ESTABLISHED!

Special focus:  As we continue to run the race he’s called us to, would you proclaim His promises over Camp Refuge with us?  Saying as David did, “Do as You have said. So let it be established, that Your name may be magnified forever.”

We sure love you guys!
Kevin and Nicole



Comments

Popular Posts