Week 2: WHOLEHEARTED SEEKING

We know the journey ahead is not for the faint hearted.
Near the end of 2016, I (Kevin) had a dream.  In it, I was walking on a river.  Not walking by a river, but walking on a river.  I can still feel the tension of the water’s surface pressing up supporting my foot.  I knew two things: 1) I didn’t know where I was going.  2) I didn’t have anything to setup camp once I got there.

The same day I had the dream, Nicole was taking the kids to school, and our oldest asked for help with his memory verse.  It was Hebrews 11:8:

“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.”

She said she could feel the static electricity all over it, and knew the Lord was speaking to us.  It wasn’t until later that she heard my dream; and we knew the call was to walk in faith by launching Camp Refuge. 

The first decision that felt very much like walking on water: Leaving the security of a full-time job to provide for my family.  I am grateful to God that has supported that step of faith completely.  And now on to the next step – acquiring the land he has promised.  I am reminded of the words in Hebrews just two verses before the one on Abraham:

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”


Special focus:  That as we wholeheartedly seek Him, we would not waver in our faith. Please seek Him wholeheartedly with us!


Comments

Popular Posts